Need help with some advanced merging from two spreadsheets

smgbad

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all! I've been banging my head against the wall for nearly a week now trying to figure this one out.

I am needing to do a pricing update on my company's retail website. The export Excel file from the website company has all of the items we chose to use for the website (around 1500 line items) as well as the fields required for the online side of things. The update file from our company's Macola database (seperate entity from the website) was exported into an Excel file with ALL of the items that our company has in its system (around 7k line items). I need to somehow take only the 1500 items from that list that will match up with the ones in the website file, as well as their corresponding up-to-date prices (two columns), and merge them into the websites export file in such a way that it replaces the current price for each item or it creates a new column with them that I can just copy and paste.

I hope this makes sense, and any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Regards,
smgbad

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Hi all! I've been banging my head against the wall for nearly a week now trying to figure this one out.

I am needing to do a pricing update on my company's retail website. The export Excel file from the website company has all of the items we chose to use for the website (around 1500 line items) as well as the fields required for the online side of things. The update file from our company's Macola database (seperate entity from the website) was exported into an Excel file with ALL of the items that our company has in its system (around 7k line items). I need to somehow take only the 1500 items from that list that will match up with the ones in the website file, as well as their corresponding up-to-date prices (two columns), and merge them into the websites export file in such a way that it replaces the current price for each item or it creates a new column with them that I can just copy and paste.

I hope this makes sense, and any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Regards,
smgbad
Hi,
Welcome to MrExcel!
To give you a hand I’d need some more details about the structure of both files. Would you let me know as follows:
1. Website file with 1500 items
a. Which column do you have items is in?
b. Which column do you have price in to update?
c. Which row no is the first one with items records?
2. Excel file from Macola
a. Which column do you have items is in?
b. Which column do you have price in to pick for update it in
c. Which row no is the first one with items records?

Upvote 0
I suggest you merge the two files in Power Query. Join the files on a common Field in both tables. If you want a demo of this, then upload using Xl2BB a representative sample of the two files and we can accommodate.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelknuckles

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back