Need help with tables in Power Query

AlertMtl

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Needing some help combining columns in power query that either contains table data or "Null". These are laser cut files that I need to extract attributes from ex. material, thickness and so on. There seem to be two formats, attached are 2 files opened in notepad, for these files (close to 15K). I will attach a screenshot of where I'm at in Power query. I was able to make a sample file for each format but unsure what to do from here.

Attachments

• COMBINECOLUMNS.png
    COMBINECOLUMNS.png
    203.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 2VARIATIONS.png
    2VARIATIONS.png
    197.6 KB · Views: 7

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Can you run the query for each source separately and then append?

Upvote 0
Sorry, not sure what you need to do with the data. Can you please specify a bit more?

If you need all the data from the #2 "Transform data" columns in one column, I think you could use a new conditional column (e.g., if column 1 is not null, than column 1; if column 1 is null, than column 2; else null)

Let us know :)

Upvote 0
I need to get all the data together in the attached format to be able to have it migrated into new software. I am very new to this so forgive my ignorance...I'm not sure exactly sure how the merge and append works. Although the 2 different formats look to be very similar the problem is when you click on table they open differently. Notice the screenshots attached for each format, needed data is in both but different route to get to it

Attachments

• WANTEDEXCELDATA.png
    WANTEDEXCELDATA.png
    174.9 KB · Views: 3
  • TANSFORMSAMPLE1.png
    TANSFORMSAMPLE1.png
    166.4 KB · Views: 3
  • TRANSFORMSAMPLE2.png
    TRANSFORMSAMPLE2.png
    191.6 KB · Views: 3
Upvote 0
I suggest to post links to these two xml files shared via onedrive, googledrive, dropbox or any similar

Upvote 0
@sandy666 THANK YOU FOR HELPING WITH THIS...I EDITED THE FILE YOU SENT TO SHOW THE FORMAT IM LOOKING FOR. THERES A SCREENSHOT ATTACHED SHOWING THE 29K PLUS FILES THAT IM NEEDING THE DATA FROM...HOW CAN I APPLY THIS QUERY TO THE WHOLE FOLDER? THANKS AGAIN FOR THE TIME

Attachments

• CADFOLDER.png
    CADFOLDER.png
    209.9 KB · Views: 4
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
almerpogi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back