Need help, wondering if this is possible.

jimmyvegas29

I have very minimal skills in excel i probably know enough to be dangerous. with that said... what Im looking to do is enter information into a single cell on sheet 1, basically Job#, Job Title, site#, address, city, state. Once entered, id like excel to take that information and also enter it into sheet 2 spread horizontally over multiple cells, separating out the inputing information into seperate categories. Id also like the address to be "hidden" in the original cell it was inputed into.

Id like some other tweeks, but i just want to start with that for now.

Thanks, for looking I appreciate the help.

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
You want the address hidden, meaning that you don't want the user to be able to see their mistakes?

Upvote 0
You can use a macro to SPLIT the cell value using a space as the delimiter. Tell each split value to go to a certain cell in the new spread sheet. As for the address to be hidden, define hidden. You can tell it to change the text of the address to a bunch of letters like xxxxxxxxxx. Or you can just tell the macro to erase the address, but I don't know how to hide just the address portion from all the information on one cell.

Upvote 0
You want the address hidden, meaning that you don't want the user to be able to see their mistakes?

No, I want the address hidden because sheet 1 is just a grid, that has date across the top, and tech names down the left side, these are there assignments, I dont want the cells to be to large having to put the address in there, sheet 2 is "project tracker" which is what i use to cross reference to my techs time cards, but i also paste all active jobs for that week from project tracker below the schedule into an email every week so they can reference it for the address.

If you have any suggestions on how to make that more efficient let me know.

Upvote 0
You can use a macro to SPLIT the cell value using a space as the delimiter. Tell each split value to go to a certain cell in the new spread sheet. As for the address to be hidden, define hidden. You can tell it to change the text of the address to a bunch of letters like xxxxxxxxxx. Or you can just tell the macro to erase the address, but I don't know how to hide just the address portion from all the information on one cell.

Thanks for the info, ill start with that.

Next question. Is there any way that i input the information i want into a single cell, and have it in a blank cell below the grid schedule that has the techs name to the left, if i then take it and paste it into a cell that corresponds to the date(top) and a techs name(left) can it know that and take it and put it into the correct cell on sheet 2.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back