Need LOTS of Help (Rather intricate concept)

OUpdike

Hello All-

BLUF: I'm trying to get a checkbox (ChkWxCareerFld) on my userform (EvaluationForm) to check the checkbox's (CheckBox1 and 2) and hide two rows (236:237) on the "myChecklist" worksheet.

Sub cmdOK_Click()

If EvaluationForm.ChkWxCareerFld.Value = "" Then
Worksheets("myChecklist").Select
Worksheets("myChecklist").Shapes("CheckBox1").OLEFormat.Object.Value = True
Worksheets("myChecklist").Shapes("CheckBox2").OLEFormat.Object.Value = True
End If
If Worksheets("myChecklist").Shapes("CheckBox1").OLEFormat.Object.Value = True Then
.EntireRow.Hide
End If
If Worksheets("myChecklist").Shapes("CheckBox2").OLEFormat.Object.Value = True Then
.EntireRow.Hide

End Sub

If you want to read what everything is I'm doing, here is what I'm going for:
I have been running through countless forums for weeks now trying to create a rather intricate checklist. I know it's possible, because I've seen similar things done, just not concurrently. What I'm trying to do is create a training checklist, where an individual will open the Excel document, and there will be a button that says "Evaluation", this userform will pop up asking if the following items need to be added to their training plan. There is 24 checkboxes then, and based on what they select as needed training on; it will return 2 new sheets. One entitled "Evaluation" which will outline what the results were of their checkbox, and one which will list all the items to train on.

I've attempted this in a number of ways. First I created a code that will sort the answers from the first sheet to two other sheets based on whether one column contained a "GO" or "NO" in it. But as i'm going through it, and continuing on I realized I want them to answer all the questions from a userform instead. SO now I created the userform, and a "myChecklist" which has all the possible training items. This is what I'm hoping for:

When the user checks the boxes they need to train on in the first user form, then new user forms will pop up asking further questions about what in particular those first checkboxes refer to.

Then if there are unmarked checkboxes on the first userform, then when the individual clicks "OK", the unmarked boxes will automatically check the boxes in a sheet called "myChecklist" and hide the row. Meanwhile the checked boxes will be calculated towards the overall completion rate.

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back