Need Macro to copy Customer Information from the Customer Information workbook and paste to a Work Order workbook

geno32080

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Here’s how it should work and why.
This is the beginning of a invoicing program I'm putting together.
Let’s cover the why first. I have set up Main Menu workbook with buttons to navigate to different work books. There is a Work Order button and a Customer Information button. I created these separate workbooks for Customer Information because the user will need access to this workbook to enter new Customer Information. There is a button on the main menu that gets the user access to the Customer Information workbook. Once the Customer Information has been entered, there is a button to save and close the work book and brings the user back to the main menu.

The how is the complicated part. From the main menu the user can click on the Work Order button to open the workbook to create a Work Order. From there the user can click on the button Add Customer, which will open the Customer Information work book and close the Work Order work book. From there, the user can click on any cell to select a Customer, this changes the font to red on that row. I set up a conditional formatting rule that changes the font color when a cell is selected. Once a row is selected the user will click on the Select Customer button, then the Macro will need to search for the row with the red font, copy the row, cells A B C D&E of the row , closes the Customer Information work book, opens the Work Order workbook, paste the information to the correct cells, (Cell A goes to B6, Cell B goes to B7, Cell C goes to B8, Cell D goes to B9, and Cell E goes to B10) in the Work Order work book, and last the Macro changes the highlighted font color to black.
I've tried Data Validation but that only works if the data is stored on the same workbook, plus it only searches a single cell, The multiple cells that need to be copied represent name, address, city state, zip and email address. The reason I went with conditional formatting, is because the user can see the whole customer list and make a selection based on more than just one cell. I know I can always get a resolution when I ask this group. I appreciate any help.
Thank you.
Gene
Main Menu Screen Shot.PNG
Work Order Screen Shot.PNG
Customer Information Screen Shot.PNG

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camelliaCase

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back