Need More Efficient VBA code - Novice

marcn

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi Need Help Please Help,

Need simplifications as I am NOT a Vba programmer have just kludged together some code that works but is, Im sure, very inefficient. This for a financial proj model where I am using 3 droplist. Year, Line Item, and Percent. They choose each selection and then I have a button to recalculate each line item.

Issue 1. I created defined Names for each line item and group so I start by goto the defined names and that works, but I can’t figure out why I have to then specify the same specific cells that I name in the above array.

Issue 2 As there are dozens of these I need a easy way to connect (switch) so the choose Yr 2, Line items Sales, and Percentage increase., eg. 5% then it will call up the correct row (or rows) for that year and item. Note I have each Year as separate chart (data).

I do not have time to become a VBA programmer as I only use excel occasionally, like this model.

Any help will be greatly appreciated…

Novice

Marc

VBA Code:
Sub Consult_Monthly_ALL_Yr1()  (NOTE this is example of 3 line items as an array)

'declare variables

Application.Goto Reference:="TCS_ALL_YR1"

Dim ws As Worksheet

Dim rng As Range

Dim myVal As Range

Dim J11 As Integer

Set ws = Worksheets("3a-SalesForecastYear1")

Set rng = ws.Range("c21:N23")

For Each myVal In rng

If J11 < 100 Then

myVal = myVal.Value * ws.Range("H13")

ElseIf J11 > 100 Then

myVal = myVal.Value * ws.Range("H13") + myVal.Value

End If

Next myVal

End Sub

Wow! than worked perfectly.... not sure how I missed it in the 100 times I tried but thanks.

If I can impose further, any ideas on how to modify the code so it is more universal as I will have probably 50 sub macros. if I can have one that is more variable driven that I can call for each combination of Yr, Line item (similar to how the percentage variable works in all).

again thank you so much... I probably spent 5 hours or more and could not resolve it.
marc:)(y)

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
I can't help with the rest of the code, because I don't understand what it's meant to be doing.
For instance J11 never has a value, so you will never get to the ElseIf

Upvote 0
I understand. Since I cannot upload WS (from my understanding) I am uploading photo... note this is just one year, there are 3 years and this is same for other expense and reve items on additional WS. I was thinking if I use a userform and it just asks user to specify the line item(s) and yr and percentage it would place them in a single macro..

Image... Year (gray is droplist) Purple line items is droplist and yellow is just value (cell value)

does any of this help?

thanks for all you assistance

Marc

Attachments

• samplews.png
    samplews.png
    43 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 0
Whilst it's possible to assign a macro to multiple different buttons & to know which button was clicked, we would need to know exactly what should happen dependant on what values were selected from the dropdowns.

As the first part of your problem has been solved, I would suggest you start a new thread for this next part giving exact details

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back