Need some help with a calculation

calmedic21

Hello,

I am new to this site. I am not very good at Excel 2003, but I am learning. I have actually created some accounting forms for my neighbor who I am helping and need some help on one of them. Is there a way to have someone help me by seeing the actual spreadsheet?

Thanks for your help.

Frank

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Welcome to the Board!

Try posting some images of sample data to the board. There are tools to assist you in that endeavour. Some can be found in the About This Board forum. Richard Schollar also has a tool you can use if you send him a Private Message. You can see his profile here.

Upvote 0
Hi Joe,

Thank you so much for your reply. Again, please forgive me, I am new to this forum type stuff. How do I attach a copy of the worksheet I need help on?

Thanks Again.

Upvote 0
You CANNOT attach your worksheet, only images.
I mentioned in my last post how you can find out information on how to do that, and provided a link to a Moderator on this board who can send you a program he has to do that.

Upvote 0
This is what I am trying to accomplish:

E5=Service Amt
F5=Repair Amt
G5=Total Amt of E5 + F5
H5=Discount Total E5 + F5 - 3%
Q5=Balance
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
If customer pays before end of month, they pay the discounted amt on the invoice, which is Column H5, if they do not, they pay the original amount which is Column G5. I need a formula to tell the Balance Column Q5 which Total to use. Each Row is a customer. Maybe like adding a Checkbox Column that if it is checked use one or the other.

Upvote 0
There are a few ways you could go about this.

You could use Data Validation to make a drop down selection to indicate if they paid early or not (Yes/No), or prehaps enter the dates.

Then you could just use a simple IF statement to determine which value to return, i.e.

=IF(I5="Yes",H5,G5)

Upvote 0
Hello Joe,

That worked great. But I forgot to tell you that Cells L5 and O5 is where I enter the amount the customer paid by check. Two cells in case they pay by two checks. So when I enter the amounts, the Balance does not go down. But the formula you gave me works awesome.

Upvote 0
You could just subtract those amounts, if that is what you want to happen.

=IF(I5="Yes",H5,G5) - L5 - O5

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
81jamesacct

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back