Need strategy to transfer data from PivotTable to report

ease20022002

Board Regular
Hi,

I have an application with a bunch of Pivot Tables that calculate Loss Development Triangles for insurance Actuaries and I have inherited this process. The way this works is the PivotTables do all the summarization of the data, but there are several separate reports that are generated from the PivotTables. The reports are hard coded in the sense that they refer directly to cells populated by the pivot table. Is there a better way to generate reports from summarization pivot tables?

This pivot table is linked to an Access db that has boku data and calculates several valuable "sections", so this isn't just a simple date by revenue, or something like that. To give you some perspective, it probably took about a day or two for someone to manually reference all the cells that need to be added into one cell, and the report is literally 1200 rows by column AX.

My goal is to generate a dynamic report that can change with a changing Pivottable...

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks for any ideas...

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
Have you looked at the GETPIVOTDATA worksheet function?

Upvote 0
Yes, and I was hoping there would be something even better, but I am now assuming there isn't...If anyone else out there has any ideas, I'm all eyes...

Thanks...

Upvote 0
What's the problem with GETPIVOTDATA?

Upvote 0
never said there was any problem...sometimes there are even better things out there, but I was think of getpivot from the beginning, but I may have to duplicate the work the other guy did that took a day...

Thanks...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back