Need tips on using Excel to print onto a pre-printed form

gravanoc

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
Later today or tomorrow I'll be stepping out of my comfort zone a little & helping setup a conduit program that, given a certain number of rows, will print one row of data onto a pre-printed form, then onto the next row & next form. This is a picture link of the form: Health Insurance Claims Form.

I picked up a general strategy for this task from an article on a site here: Quill, but any additional insights are welcome.

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
Your goal can be accomplished but I suggest there will be a ton of "trial and error" to get all the data boxes positioned precisely where they need to be.
Once their locations have been settled (will probably take days for the form you are working with) you'll have an excellent template that can be re-used.

There are other programs that will take an image of any form and convert it to a PDF that can be filled in. I haven't used any of those programs but I
suspect that might be an easier method.

My $.02

Upvote 0
There is only the "Hard way" and manually design a template. I have done more of these, and it's not so difficult as it maybe seems at first sight. A little example here, from another type of reports, just to show a way to do things: test-report.xls

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca142

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back