Need to add to existing formula Vlookup

zone709

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Need to add on this formula. if Column E on detailed_view also matches has the name Monday. If Monday is there then return ,8

=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(@$D$8:$D$694, Detailed_View!$D$2:$P$395,8,0),"")

Its a miracle lol thanks guys. No column no text and if there is ever text i use Text to columns.:)

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
You are welcome.
Glad we got it working!

Upvote 0
Another option if the criteria only match once
Excel Formula:
=FILTER(Detailed_View!$P$2:$P$400,(Detailed_View!$D$2:$D$400=D8)*(Detailed_View!$E$2:$E$400="Monday"),"Not match")

Upvote 0
Joe what happens if i change it to "Tuesday" and want to pick up that also. I tried that but not working. I tried to put formula in 3 columns over and change it to Tuesday bit returns nothing.

I think because its only looking in E2? rather then going down the whole column?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Joe what happens if i change it to "Tuesday" and want to pick up that also. I tried that but not working. I tried to put formula in 3 columns over and change it to Tuesday bit returns nothing.

I think because its only looking in E2? rather then going down the whole column?
No, it does not only look in E2. Remember, it is not matching on column E. It is matching on column D, and checking the value in column E for whatever row that match occurs in.
Make sure that "Tuesday" appears in column E, and matches your formula exactly. Any extra spaces before or after the word "Tuesday" will mess it up.

Upvote 0
I figured out the issue i am having. If i change it to $D$3 it works because Tuesday in E next to $D$3. i really need $D$2 as like D:D need to look through column to match the same in D11 and look in E for the word like Tuesday. I tried D:D but nothing.

=IF(IFERROR(VLOOKUP(D11, Detailed_View!$D$2:$P$395,2,0),"")="Tuesday",IFERROR(VLOOKUP(D11, Detailed_View!$D$2:$P$395,8,0),""),"")

Upvote 0
I figured out the issue i am having. If i change it to $D$3 it works because Tuesday in E next to $D$3. i really need $D$2 as like D:D need to look through column to match the same in D11 and look in E for the word like Tuesday. I tried D:D but nothing.
I am not sure I follow what you are talking about. I think it would be helpful to see what your data looks like (showing all the pertinent columns, and column and row headers).

Upvote 0
You can see in D on the detailed sheet i have 39 repeating. When i look for Tuesday with the formula. Tuesday is in D3 why its not returning because i have it at $D$2.
If the lookup for D11 lets say is 39. Then i need it to look for 39 in D and use Tuesday in E. Which will return what i need in ,8

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    16.2 KB · Views: 3
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back