Need to bold last name in directory-possible in formula?

lburg801

Here is the formula. There are singles, couples shareing same last name, and couples with different last names. In the formula G is the ;ast name and need to be in bold, before mail merege. Is there a way for this to be done?

=IF(ISBLANK(J2),G2&", "&F2,IF(J2=G2,G2&", "&F2&" and "&I2,J2&", "&G2&" and "&I2&" "&J2))

Thank you,
Trudy

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
Sorry, individual character formatting for values returned by formulas, while the cell contains the formula, is not possible. The returned value would need to be a constant (such as being copied and pasted over as a value) for your request to be do-able.

Upvote 0
Tom Urtis said:
Sorry, individual character formatting for values returned by formulas, while the cell contains the formula, is not possible. The returned value would need to be a constant (such as being copied and pasted over as a value) for your request to be do-able.

Thank you. Alas, I shall struggle on, always knowing that the greatest part of my problem is that I know very little about what I am doing! :confused:

Upvote 0
The simple solution is to put the last name in a cell by itself and the rest of the formula result in the adjacent cell. Bold the first cell and format the 2 to look like a single cell.

lburg801 said:
Tom Urtis said:

Thank you. Alas, I shall struggle on, always knowing that the greatest part of my problem is that I know very little about what I am doing! :confused:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back