Need to change Pivot Table Field Settings

TLCARTER99

I currently have a sales forecasting report that I create each month, which contains statistical data for the prior months, as well as forecasting fields for the new months.
When I create a pivot table for the statistical data, the field settings default to COUNT and I need them to all be changed to SUM.
I currently change each one individually but there's just got to be an easier way. Right??

Also, is there a way to change the format of the cells to default to Number, Zero Decimal places with a comma separator per 1,000.

Thanks!!

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
Hi and welcome to the board!!!
If your fields are Numbers, the PT should default to "SUM". Count is the default for text. Also, if you Right Click and choose "Field Settings", you can select the "Number" Option to format however you want.
See the tutorial PT-Field Settings and others at www.contextures.com

lenze

Upvote 0
The fields are numbers, however it does not default to sum...it is defaulting to count.

I formatted the cells to ensure they are numbers vs. text, but that doesn't help.

Any other suggestions?

Upvote 0
The fields are numbers, however it does not default to sum...it is defaulting to count.

I formatted the cells to ensure they are numbers vs. text, but that doesn't help.

Any other suggestions?
Yeap!!
www.contextures.com
www.cpearson.com
http://www.mrexcel.com/articles.shtml#Pivot%20Tables

BTW, formatting cells after data entry will not neccesarily give you the desired results. Is your data imported from an external source. You may need to use Text to Columns or the TRIM function.

lenze

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadMarty

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back