Need to extract lines from data stored on sheet to another sheet based on reference number.

BSSMJ

I've got data listed on a sheet (multiple columns) relating to orders, orders may consist of 1 line or multiple lines. On a seperate sheet I need to create a cancellation form, if I enter the order number in a certain cell on the cancelation sheet I'll need the data extracted from data sheet to the cancelation form only relating to that order which may only be 1 line or multiple lines. I've an example below of the data on sheet 2, if I enter the reference number (POH-00006364) I'd like to have the only the 2 lines of data relating reflected on the cancellation form. The same would need to happen if I entered (POH-00006365) but only one line of data would be then be reflected on the cancelation form.

Thank you so much if you're able to help.

POH-00006364STO001 Storm Procurement
POH-00006364STO001Storm Procurement
POH-00006365THE003The Daily News Paper
POH-00006366CYM001Cymot (Pty) Ltd

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
Is there a specific reason not to use the "normal" filter for that?

I'm trying to create an automated file which will eventually be protected excepting for the 1 cell where the POH number will be entered, I'll have various employees extrating and updating the main data base (all the lines) on the one sheet, once reviewed I only want the owner of the file to enter the POH number which will automatically extract the data to a standard cancellation form on a different sheet prior which will be printed out for authorized by the financial department. Hope this is clear or will you need a better explaination. Thanks for trying to assist.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back