Need to gather massive info into one spot

needhelpnow

Hi
I hope someone will be able to help me. I work with Excel 2003. I need to take info from our delivery schedule and put it into a format that will tell me a couple of different things. Due to confidentiality rules, I am not able to use the correct names of what I am dealing with. But I can say that we sell our products as kits that have several different items in each. Let's say we sell things like DVD players, among other things.
The first info I have to take from the main part of the sched is each DVD kit, the expected delivery date of these kits, and the quantity of each. I have done a pivot table to gather this info and it seems to work for me.
It is this part that I need some assistance with. I then have to break down each kit to it's sub products (boards, covers, manuals etc) and still maintain how many of each and the dates they will ship. Some of our products share some of the parts. What is the best way to gather this info? I have tried to use the Lookup functions to pull the info from the pivot table but I am having a hard time figuring out what to do next that doesn't involve just manual entries each time the schedule changes.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
K

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
Hello K
Read your note but could not make out what you really need. Can you be more specific!

Upvote 0
Hi
I have to take number of DVD kits that are to ship on November 30 and get an output of how many manuals, cases, boards etc we will need to have on hand to ship on that day.
If we are to ship 3 DVD kits on the 30th, and each kit has 2 boards, 1 case, 1 manual, I need to be able to have some sort of table that will give me the totals needed for the 30th of each of the inside parts of the kits. Is there a way to pull this info into one spot other than me manually going through and calculating how many of each part I will need?
Does that help?
K

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back