Need to Paste value into a row on another worksheet as specified by a MATCH formula

CPM350Z

Hi,

I have searched extensively on here and cannot find a solution to my issue, I apologise if I have missed a potential solution and if I have missed one, a link would be much appreciated.

I have data on a sheet called 'Sheet1' in columns A, B and C which contains a unique identifier, a match formula which returns the row the unique identifier is in on another sheet 'JobsList', and a revised data for the unique identifier to be completed on.

I am trying to write a macro that can overwrite an entry in column P on the 'JobsList' sheet in the row that is referenced in column C on Sheet1.

I am new to VBA and this has really got me stumped!

Any help would be much appreciated.

TIA.

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Thanks Conny but I need to refer back to a changing value. For example, row 1 in Sheet1 might return a value of 21, and row 2 will return another value. I was only able to find formulas for static search criteria on there, e.g. if all fields had an @ symbol.

Upvote 0
You can change the search criteria (the @ symbol) to a range your searching for such as sheets(1).range("YourRange").

Im a little unsure of exactly what you need but if you need to search for a value in a cell you can do that and you can modify the code to search each sheet in the workbook.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flashbond

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back