Need to remove access to Add / Delete colums or Rows

Cannelle

Hello,

I have created a workbook with multiple tab containing multiple formulas wich are all brought to a cumulative tab. If any rows or colums are added, the user will not be able to find why the cumulative is not showing the right numbers but the formulas won't adjust correctly.

1. I tried to use - Tools - protection - protect sheet and uncheck : Format colums, Format rows, Insert colums, Insert rows, Interhyperlinks , delete colums and delete rows. But it blocks the whole sheet for editing and we can't enter anything in it anymore. I would like to block the above but still be able to enter information in cells.

2. I tried by unlocking cells by Format cells - protection and then blocking the sheet .. but still didn't work.

Would anyone have any idea of how could i resolve this issue? Do I need a Macro? am i doing something wrong?

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
You would have to unlock the cells you want to edit and then protect the sheet as you did before.

Right click > Format Cells > Protection Tab

Upvote 0
It doesn't work, I can't write in the cells .. everything freezes. I want to be able to edit the content of a cells but not the structure of the file.

Upvote 0
You unlocked the cells and you still can't edit them?

Look into locking the workbook "structure" or "window". Not sure exactly what either of them do, but that may work better.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back