Need to view sheet3 data in sheet1....help

riverotter

Hello all excel experts. I have a fairly simple problem that my inexperience is making difficult.I have a column A and column G list generated in Sheet3. I have build a simple droplist interface in sheet1 to fill in the additional data for Sheet3 columns B,C,D,E & F. Here is my problem. I need the listed items from sheet3 columns A & G to appear one at a time in sheet1 cells 14G and 14 L respectively so that I know where in the list I am so that I can enter the correct data. Once I" have entered to correct data and clicked the submit button, I need the next two pieces of data from sheet3 columns A & G to appear so that I can continue the process.

I have written several macros to try to accomplish this, but sadly they all failed.
I look forward to hearing any ideas or suggestions you may have to unravel this riddle of mine

Thank you, Aaron

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
This is just an example but you could use a public variable to keep track of what row you're on and add one to it when you want to advance to the next row.

Example:
Code:
Public RowNumb As Long

Sub Initialize_Rownumb()

RowNumb = 2
    Sheets("Sheet1").Range("G14").Value = Sheets("Sheet3").Range("A" & RowNumb).Value
    Sheets("Sheet1").Range("L14").Value = Sheets("Sheet3").Range("G" & RowNumb).Value

End Sub

Sub NextRow()

If RowNumb + 1 > Sheets("Sheet3").Range("A" & Rows.Count).Row Then
        MsgBox "You are at the Bottom of the list", vbExclamation, "Bottom"
        Exit Sub
    End If

RowNumb = RowNumb + 1

Sheets("Sheet1").Range("G14").Value = Sheets("Sheet3").Range("A" & RowNumb).Value
    Sheets("Sheet1").Range("L14").Value = Sheets("Sheet3").Range("G" & RowNumb).Value

End Sub

Sub PreviousRow()

If RowNumb - 1 < 2 Then
        MsgBox "You are at the Top of the list", vbExclamation, "Top"
        Exit Sub
    End If

RowNumb = RowNumb - 1

End Sub

Upvote 0
THANK YOU, ALPHAFROG or should I call you Merlin?

I am going to give this a try. It looks like you have done all the heavy lifting for me here. I am hoping that I can work the rest of it. I will be sure to update you on the results. Thanks again for your expertise!!

Aaron

Upvote 0
I have applied the code provided to my program and it works flawlessly !!

In this next stage of development I am having trouble getting some of the features to work togather. I have 4 dropdown menues in sheet1( not in cell menues.) these menues correspond to sheet3.cells B, C, D, E. First, I can not figure out how to link these drop menues to the cells on sheet3. Second, I can not figure out how to make the selected cells for sheet1 dropdown menus inputting data into sheet3 move down (or up)in sync with the data presented in sheet1 from sheet3 cells A & G ( see above post.)

I hope I have explained the issue with sufficianet detail for an expert evaluation. I look forward to your continued guidance.

Thank you, Aaron

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back