Need VBA code to open URLs from Excel in google Chrome when web page open save as pdf in a specific folder

Sandri60

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I've found other threads similar to what I need to achieve but I've been unsuccessful in replicating to fit my needs. I'm very new to VBA so if someone can assist that would be great!

I need a VBA code in Excel, the goal is to open URLs in Excel, “print as PDF” and then save the file in a specific folder.

Here are the steps:
  1. Open the URLs from Excel cell A1 in Chrome browser.
  2. There will be a login to a portal with a username and password, the URLs have the an API included already but I suspect the login still be required.
  3. Print as PDF.
  4. Every URL will have the exact name to be used when saving/printing on cell B. Copy & paste that name.
  5. Save the file into a specific folder.
  6. Repeat the same steps for all URLs in the file.
Please keep in mind that there are around 6,000 URLs on this file but the VBA code will need to be dynamic in order to be used in other files.

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
Thanks so much for you reply!

That is very interesting, that was the tool I was exploring at first then I talked to one of my colleagues and he suggested to try with VBA instead.
So do you think it would be possible to do the loops thru all the URLs in the Excel file?

Upvote 0
Certainly. I have only worked with the desktop version myself, but I think that the online version can do the trick as well. I'm sure it has a much easier learning curve than VBA.

What you are trying to do is known as Web Scraping, to get your googling started :)

Upvote 0
Would you be available to assist with this? I'm willing to learn but I need to get it done ASAP.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oculus

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back