EMMJAY

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Ok....So, I am currently working with an excel database that links client information entries to a Word note file located in the client's digital file. What I'm trying to do is three fold; I'd like to be able to code the "notes" cell on the client's row to auto-populate the next available entry line in their Word notes table. Currently we have to copy and past notes from Excel into Word for each individual customer entry in the database every time there's a new note. We then have to copy that note again and paste it in the note file that corresponds to that customer's employer file, hence #2... I'd love it if the same function could also auto-populate the notes for the employer too.

To simplify what I mean:

Excel
Entry Date
Notes
Rep

Word
Date
(aaaa-mm-jj)
Notes
Rep
I want to be able to (if possible) with VBA code or maybe a macros button at the end of every Excel line, type the date, notes and rep in the Excel table and have the next empty line of the Word table populate with that new information.

The third part of all this, is a need a button that opens a new outlook task. I have the task function on my ribbon but when I open the macros to record the process, my task icon is greyed out.

I have looked through a lot of the previous threads on similar issues to everything I need to do but just can't get it all to come together. I'm still very green with this advanced Excel stuff.

Please help? :)

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back