Need your help for repeating items

Penny Bangalore

Board Regular
Hi All,

Here i am looking for some idea, i can explain my requirement as my best, please reply for more clarification.

I work in an automobile industry where we quote the price of each and every products to our customer.

we have file around 40k rows for each week from last six months , where if i filter the items which i have was unable to supply the items, it will come to 15 k maybe.

my requirement is simple what is the best way to find out the products which i was not able to supply to my customer , i mean if i consolidate all the data of last six month the lines will become huge. in that i want to know which are the items that are keep on repeating as not supplied from last six month . so that i can give a report to my sales team" that we do not carry these products and we have demand for this".

Thanks

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
This is just my 2 cents reply...

Have you experimented with Power Query and Power Pivot.

If you open a blank new workbook, you can load your large volume of data (from multiple sheets or workbooks) into a data model, which is a highly compressed "virtual memory" location, capable of storing millions of records. Once you have used power Query to load the data into the data model of this blank workbook, you can use Power Pivot to massage your data into any combination of summary data you need.

This is definitely the way I'd go with the volumes you refer to...

Upvote 0
Hi Rudis,

thank you for the reply, however i am not familiar with power query or power pivot. but i will give a try.

Upvote 0
They are Free add-ins from Microsoft that are radically powerful and efficient with large volumes of data.

For a great interactive preview of both these add-ins, take some time to review the Power Quey ad Power Pivot videos from ExcelIsFun. The enthusiastic lessons from Michael Girvin are infectious and one learns a heck of a lot!...

Note: Start with Power Query, half way down the playlist...Then see Power Pivot.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guest1337

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back