Needing help with a VBA

Jaak023

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Long story short. I've had to create a calculator for a job sizing tool and as well as that needed to create a macro that saves the sheet as a pdf and also sends off some of the data to another sheet for a database. I now need to update it even further. I need to create it instead of it saving to a pdf it either saves to another sheet in the background or something like that, as well as this table format dataset and have the ability to click on the dataset entry and it reopens that dataset into the main calculator with all the details so it can be edited if need be and then submitted again in the dataset replacing the old entry. Any ideas?

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Welcome to the Board!

Your post contains a "high level" description, but not much in the way of the important specific details required to really pinpoint the help you need.
And I am not clear from your post all that you have already done versus all that you still need help with.

A tip when posting questions: If you have multiple tasks/things you need to done, it is usually best not to ask for it all in one post. Many times, users will read it and see that they may be able to answer some of your questions, but not all of them. So rather than replying just to what they can help with, they will not bother replying at all (because they cannot answer all your questions). So it is often best to break apart your question into smaller, multiple tasks (if it makes sense to do so), and ask them in separate posts. You may find you get more replies (and quicker replies in taking that approach).

Lastly, if you have a task that is long or complex, and you really don't feel like doing it yourself, it may be a bit much to expect someone to do the whole thing for you for free. In those type of situations, you probably should consider enlisting the help of a consultant (see: Consulting Services). I am not saying that is what you should do here, I am just laying out that option if your project falls into the parameters I mentioned.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back