Needing some help with some conditional formatting for a punting strategy which outlines required bet????

BDONNY

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Thanks in advance to any suggestions or help, I'm not overly familiar with the various commands and formulas that we can use in excel, and it has taken me half a day of high focus and reading to get this far, but I am hopeful that what I'm trying to achieve will be simple for anyone who is a regular user of excel and understands the formulas available.
In the below example I am aiming to simply profit $10 from each match the Lakers play, regardless of who they play or the available odds. My theory being that as long as I select a strong team it would be unlikely that they have a losing streak of too many in a row, therefor by aiming for the $10 profit from each match and if a match loses, the next bet has to allow for winning the previous lost bet including the expected $10 profit from the previous losing match as well as the expected $10 profit from the current match. If there is a considerable losing streak it would get out of hand fairly fast of course but i may play around with the aim per bet once i have the outlay of this spreadsheet sorted.

What I m needing help with is automatically formatting the figures in column A and also Column B so that if I was to adjust the actual odds in column B then the required bet would automatically update in column A. Ive used the 2-1 odds below to make it easy to get to this point, however odds will fluctuate each week, and my aim is to stake as much as required to profit $10 from each match regardless of the odds. Can someone explain how I would use "solver" to tell me the required stake if i were to adjust the odds of any given match??

I hope that makes sense, and would be most grateful if anyone can actually work that out.

1662796718117.png

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Welcome to the MrExcel Board! You don't need Solver...in this case we can solve for the amount to bet analytically. In the sample worksheet below, your inputs are in blue. Set the Aim Per Bet, then input the Odds for an upcoming game. The amount to Bet will be calculated based on your Summary Balance up to that point, the expectation of what your summary balance should be if you had been successful in making the Aim Per Bet for each game up to that point, and the Odds of the upcoming game. Then after the game, enter W or L to compute your profit/loss and summary balance.
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
D3:D10D3=IF(B3="","",A3*B3)
E3:E10E3=IF(C3="","",(C3="W")*D3-A3)
F3:F10F3=IF(C3="","",SUM(E$3:E3))
A3:A10A3=IF(B3="","",(ROWS(A$3:A3)*$G$1-N(F2))/(B3-1))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guy Boot

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back