psycoperl

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
  3. Web
I am working on a time tracking spreadsheet. If a Leave balance goes over the available leave minutes the Balance should show has negatives. While my formula works if the Days (D) or Hours (H) are negatives... the minutes (M) does not show the values as negatives, it shows the absolute value. How can I fix this?

Column G shows the Leave Minutes Balance (this is normally a hidden column) and Columns H shows the values in a human readable format of Days, Hours and Minutes.

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Might help to show us your formula and also to indicate which columns you are showing us.

Upvote 0
Might help to show us your formula and also to indicate which columns you are showing us.
Hi Rick

Can't you see the columns at the top of the mini-sheet?
1609642074935.png

.. and hover over or click one of the formula cells to get the formula?

1609642138826.png

Upvote 0
This will calculate the minutes with a negative sign
TEXT(SIGN(G31)*MOD(G31,60),"00")

Excel Formula:
=CONCATENATE(B31, " BAL: ", TEXT(ROUNDDOWN((G31/(60*7)),0),"00"),"D ",TEXT(ROUNDDOWN((G31-ROUNDDOWN((G31/(60*7)),0)*60*7)/(60),0),"00"),"H ",TEXT(SIGN(G31)*MOD(G31,60),"00"),"M")

Upvote 0
Solution
Hi Rick

Can't you see the columns at the top of the mini-sheet?
Apparently I inadvertently scrolled the mini-sheet without realizing it and only saw Row 1 downward?
It never occurred to me that this was an XL2BB sheet and to try and scroll it.:censored:

SIDE NOTE: Is there anyway to get our old set of emojis back? The new set is not anywhere near as apt even with all of the in new set (the vast majority of which have no use for us in this forum).

Upvote 0
This will calculate the minutes with a negative sign
TEXT(SIGN(G31)*MOD(G31,60),"00")

Excel Formula:
=CONCATENATE(B31, " BAL: ", TEXT(ROUNDDOWN((G31/(60*7)),0),"00"),"D ",TEXT(ROUNDDOWN((G31-ROUNDDOWN((G31/(60*7)),0)*60*7)/(60),0),"00"),"H ",TEXT(SIGN(G31)*MOD(G31,60),"00"),"M")
Thanks... I needed up with a new formula for another purpose. but this looks great. Thank you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grijken

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back