Nested CountIF & SUMIF?

canthony24

Board Regular
Hello! I'm racking my brain around trying to nest these two formulas...if that's even the right way to do it. I'm trying to show the total number of blank cells for only the KVI items, not all items.

So I have this formula below to pull the total number of products with a KVI score over .001. In this case it's 201 items.

=(COUNTIF(INDEX(FinalOutPut!A8:ZZ10000,,MATCH("KVI Item",FinalOutPut!A7:ZZ7,0)),">.001"))

I have this other formula to pull the total number of blank cells within a certain attribute. This looks at the total file and it's 261 items.

=SUM($C$6,-(COUNTA(FinalOutPut!$AE$8:$AE$10000)))

The file is dynamic on attributes and can change depending on the category. I know for the specific example above, I need to get to 27.

Total file has 1,214 items
KVI items = 201
Missing cells for particular attribute = 261

Any help is appreciated!

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Several details are missing from your description. A small sample illustrating what you want would be helpful. You describe this objective:
I'm trying to show the total number of blank cells for only the KVI items, not all items.
What is meant by "KVI items"? You search for a column (heading?) named "KVI Item" with MATCH("KVI Item",FinalOutPut!A7:ZZ7,0). For discussion purposes, let's say we find "KVI Item" in cell D7. So in that case, what specifically are KVI Items?...is it the set of rows where column D is not blank?...is it the set of rows where column D has a value > 0.001...it is something else?

If you want the count of items in the "KVI Item" column that are greater than 0.001, then the 1st formula appears to be okay.

The answer to these questions will help me/others understand what to suggest for the other count...the count of blanks. Here is what I am imagining...you want the count of blanks in column AE for any row where the value in the KVI column is >0.001....but that might be a bad assumption.
MrExcel_20220613.xlsx
ABCDEFGAE
1count KVI > 0.0015
2count AE blanks where KVI > 0.0012
7row for matching text "KVI Item"alphabetaKVI Itemdeltaepsilonblanks here?
80a
9c
140.2d
160.12e
Sheet2
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
B1B1=COUNTIF(INDEX(A8:ZZ10000,,MATCH("KVI Item",A7:ZZ7,0)),">.001")
B2B2=COUNTIFS(INDEX(A8:ZZ10000,,MATCH("KVI Item",A7:ZZ7,0)),">.001",AE8:AE10000,"")

Upvote 0
I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back