Nested IF, AND Functions Limit Reached. Are there any alternatives?

stannard3

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I am new to Excel. I have been creating a formula combining the IF,AND functions and have just found out that there is a limit to the number of nested formulas.
I still have a lot of criteria to enter so are there any alternatives I can use?

I have attached a screenshot of where I am currently at in a particular cell and seem to have reached a limit. I am new to this so I'm sure there would have been a better way of doing this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Excel Formula.png
    Excel Formula.png
    125.4 KB · Views: 21
And it appears the number only goes up to 5 - yet you had the number 8 in the sample, i seem to remember "door tower" - is that the complete list
If you're looking at the numbers to the left of the A19 list in post 4, then they are from the descriptions in the OP's original formula, not the results.
A19 seems to be the number determinator - and so the others B12 and B14 does not change the number at all
I thought similar when I copied the first few values over to the mini sheet table that I posted, but in the latter part of the formula I can see that both B12 and B14 do affect the results from looking over the screen cap formula (slab in B12 has lower results than the other 3 options).
The 6 options in B14 appear to give 3 different results for any given pair in the other 2 cells.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbonilla0331

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back