Nested if, defined name

haj284

Someone please please help me with this formula on #5. I, for the life of me, can not figure this stuff out! I need help with the first 3 sentances of #5 and all of #7 I have attached a link to my workbook as a google doc, the format is Excel 2010 and here are the questions for the workbook I am having an issue with
5. Group the individual salesman worksheets and use the If function to calculate the commission for each month for each salesman. The commission is based on their sales for the month (refer to BonusPercentage worksheet). Use the user defined names that you created in #4 for the correct percentage. Format to currency with 2 decimals. Total the sales column and the commission column for each salesperson.</SPAN>

6. On the Summary worksheet create a Data Validation list that will only allow the names Sandra Adams, James Smith, Helen Jones, Fred Williams in cells A4-A7. Include an appropriate input message and an error alert message. Using the list to select each salesman’s name in the range A4:A7 so that all four salesmen are included.</SPAN>

7. On the Summary worksheet, use a formula to bring forward each salesperson’s total sales and total commission from their individual worksheets onto the Summary worksheet. (Do not need an IF, just bring forward the salesman’s total sales and total commission based on the salesman name in cells A4-A7.)

here is the link to the google doc workbook https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiuQ-78FGgY2dG1zWDVzdVNDQjRjY2I3ODRqLVRma1E

please please help me with these formulas!!!!</SPAN>

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
5 IF(B4<=300000,B4*8%,IF(B4>300000,B4*12%))

7 Cell B4 =SUM('Adam'!B4:B15) Cell C4 =SUM('Adams'!C4:C15)
Cell B5 =SUM('Smith'!B4:B15) Cell C5 =SUM('Smith'!B4:B15)

Do the same for Jones and Williams

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back