Nested IF function: "You've entered too many arguments for this function"

PixelFixer

Hello all! This is my first post to this forum; thanks in advance for your help.
I'm a newbie when it comes to forumlas, and I'm having an issue adding another argument via nested IF statements.

The first formula below works, but it doesn't successfully complete all tasks that I need, as we have a column (Tracking - Current Milestone Name) that will show various values... when a loan is in a "Disclosure" milestone, I need to calculate the number of days from when it entered that milestone date to Today. If a loan is in almost any other milestone, I would instead calculate the number of days between the Disclosure Milestone Date and the "Sent to Processing" Milestone date.

My issue is that there is one value I need to add an additional argument for. If a loan is currently in a "setup" milestone, I need to calculate the number of days between the disclosure milestone and the "current milestone date". Any help out there?

Here is the functional, shorter formula that satisfies two of my three needs.
=IF([@[Tracking - Current Milestone Name]]="Disclosures",DATEDIF([@[Milestone Date - Disclosures]],TODAY(),"D"),DATEDIF([@[Milestone Date - Disclosures]],[@[Send to Proc]],"D"))

The additional argument I need to enter is as follows... how could I nest this? My attempts have resulted in "You've entered too many arguments for this function"
=IF([@[Tracking - Current Milestone Name]]="Setup",DATEDIF([@[Milestone Date - Disclosures]],[@[Tracking - Current Milestone Date]],"D"))

Here was my attempt at combining the two:
=IF([@[Tracking - Current Milestone Name]]="Disclosures",DATEDIF([@[Milestone Date - Disclosures]],TODAY(),"D"), IF([@[Tracking - Current Milestone Name]]="Setup",DATEDIF([@[Milestone Date - Disclosures]],[@[Tracking - Current Milestone Date]],"D")), DATEDIF([@[Milestone Date - Disclosures]],[@[Send to Proc]],"D"))

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
Looks like a misplaced )

=IF([@[Tracking - Current Milestone Name]]="Disclosures",DATEDIF([@[Milestone Date - Disclosures]],TODAY(),"D"), IF([@[Tracking - Current Milestone Name]]="Setup",DATEDIF([@[Milestone Date - Disclosures]],[@[Tracking - Current Milestone Date]],"D")), DATEDIF([@[Milestone Date - Disclosures]],[@[Send to Proc]],"D"))

Try

=IF([@[Tracking - Current Milestone Name]]="Disclosures",DATEDIF([@[Milestone Date - Disclosures]],TODAY(),"D"), IF([@[Tracking - Current Milestone Name]]="Setup",DATEDIF([@[Milestone Date - Disclosures]],[@[Tracking - Current Milestone Date]],"D"), DATEDIF([@[Milestone Date - Disclosures]],[@[Send to Proc]],"D")))

Upvote 0
Looks like a misplaced )

Try

=IF([@[Tracking - Current Milestone Name]]="Disclosures",DATEDIF([@[Milestone Date - Disclosures]],TODAY(),"D"), IF([@[Tracking - Current Milestone Name]]="Setup",DATEDIF([@[Milestone Date - Disclosures]],[@[Tracking - Current Milestone Date]],"D"), DATEDIF([@[Milestone Date - Disclosures]],[@[Send to Proc]],"D")))

You are a wonderful human! That worked and I can now stop banging my head against a wall :)
Thanks so much!!!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPav

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back