Nested If Statements

pamhurst

I have 4 worksheets in 1 workbook and I'm trying to do a comparison. I'm providing information to a buyer on items they need to take action on. My first statement goes something like this:

=IF('EFA WK1'!H5 <> 'EFA WK2'!G5, "CHECK!", 0) which works fine.

Now I want to add another statement that basically states If 'Comparison'!H2 is less than or greater than 25% put the CHECK. So far I haven't been able to get it to work.

Any help would be great!!!! :oops:

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
without any other specifics...

=IF(or('EFA WK1'!H5,'Comparison'!H2) <> 'EFA WK2'!G5, "CHECK!", 0)

because you didn't specify wether it should be, check one first, then the other, both conditions be met, or just one condition be met.

if they both need met, switch 'or' for 'and'

HTH

Upvote 0
See if this makes more sense....First I was just giving a heads up notice that there was a difference between week 1 and week 2. I even have a sheet showing the differences. Now the buyer wants a notice only when there is a difference of + or - of 25%. So I'm not even sure what is the best formula to use.

Thanks for any help.

Upvote 0
okay, what do you have in...

EFA WK1!H5
EFA WK2!G5
Comparison!H2
??

and do you still want to know if either EFA WK1!H5 or Comparison!H2 is +/- 25% of EFA WK2!G5?

or one or the other?

Upvote 0
What I have in EFA WK1 H5 is a number same for EFA WK2 G5. Comparison H2 is the difference between EFA WK1 H5 and EFA WK2. So I would like to give a heads up notice when the difference is + or - 25%.

Thanks,

Pamala

Upvote 0
well if you only want to look at the Comparison!H2, either conditionally format it for same cell options

or

in another cell type something like this...

=if(or(Comparison!H2>.25,Comparison!h2<-.25,"Heads up!","")

Upvote 0
pamhurst said:
What I have in EFA WK1 H5 is a number same for EFA WK2 G5. Comparison H2 is the difference between EFA WK1 H5 and EFA WK2. So I would like to give a heads up notice when the difference is + or - 25%.

Thanks,

Pamala

In Comparison H2 why not use Conditional Formatting if the number exceeds your criteria

Upvote 0
pamhurst said:

Thanks,

Pamala

Are you saying that H2 on sheet Comparison houses 25%?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back