Nested IF Sttment

Masterz13

Hi All,

I am designing a spreadsheet to monitor clients payments for a 6 or 12 weeks programme.

My Speadsheet shows

Name Payment Programme Start Programme End top up programme New Programme End date

like this but I allow it for 10 top ups across the top, its a simple entry sheet,

Now, I want a column at the very end for "days left until current programme runs out"

so something like =today() in column z1
then a column to show =z1-(most recent payment date)

now, I think I need to do a nested if to tell it which date to choose, as if they have topped up 7 times I only want to count the most recent.

Is there a way of saying =if(f1="a valid date field", use it,if(g1="a valid date field)

So it can start with the latest possible, but recognise its not a date and work backwards?

Apologies if this make NO SENSE whatsoever, I don't know how to attach a screenshot.

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
Hi Masterz13

You can find more info on how to screen shot sample data into your thread - http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/about-board/508133-attachments.html

Posting a sample data will make it a lot easier for people to help. Without seeing your data, I'm finding it a little ambiguous.

However, if you want to use the most recent date in either F1 or G1 and then subtract this from Z1, have you tried something like;
=Z1-MAX(F1:G1)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mirek8991

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back