Nested IfError(Sumifs) with another iferror(sumifs)

atowriss

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
I am trying to distribute total commission costs over total contracts for a customer. In some instances the Product is in column H of a worksheet and some in Column L of the same worksheet. I want to look in column H 1st, then L and if neither, then zero. I can get my formula to work with just one of the IfError(SumIfs), but not when I add the 2nd. What am I doing wrong? Is there a better way? I have attached a screenshot of my formula. Again, it works If I only use 1 set of the IfError(SumIFS), but when I try to combine the 2, it fails.

Thanks
sumifs.PNG

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
Would you mind copying and pasting your formula as-is so that I can paste it into a test sheet and give it some play?

Upvote 0
Would you mind copying and pasting your formula as-is so that I can paste it into a test sheet and give it some play?
Here ya go: =IFERROR(((SUMIFS('Regional Comm'!J:J,'Regional Comm'!A:A,Master!F2047,'Regional Comm'!E:E,Master!B2047,'Regional Comm'!H:H,Master!I2047)/(SUMIFS(A:A,Master!F:F,Master!F2047,Master!B:B,Master!B2047,Master!I:I,Master!I2047)))*A2047),IFERROR((SUMIFS('Regional Comm'!J:J,'Regional Comm'!A:A,Master!F2047,'Regional Comm'!E:E,Master!B2047,'Regional Comm'!L:L,Master!I2047)/(SUMIFS(A:A,Master!F:F,Master!F2047,Master!B:B,Master!B2047,Master!I:I,Master!I2047)))*A2047,0))

Thanks!!

Upvote 0
I removed file and sheet reference names to make it more simple to read / proof, but didn't change any of the functions. And ... it ran okay. I don't have your sample data, so I can't say that the results would be right ... but the formula ran without any problem. Any chance there's a glitch in some of the external references?

Upvote 0
I removed file and sheet reference names to make it more simple to read / proof, but didn't change any of the functions. And ... it ran okay. I don't have your sample data, so I can't say that the results would be right ... but the formula ran without any problem. Any chance there's a glitch in some of the external references?
All my references are in the same workbook. Attached is a sample file that has the two sheets involved:

It shows how when I just have 1 iferror, it works, but when I combined 2, it doesn't

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scottdog129

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back