Nested Isnumber & search

ken2601

Hi all,

I enjoy reading the various posts and have learnt so much over the years, thank you to all those that contribute

I am endeavouring to build a spreadsheet where I can import credit card transactions via csv to excel
The list could be say 200 items long
They are imported into columns A, B and C and represent say 30-50 different providers
I then wish to list each provider/supplier in columns D, E and F (the actual number of columns could be approx 20 columns across, each column would represent a purpose ie Column D would be groceries, column E would be petrol. This will then group each classification of spending into a column for totalling
Whilst I have only listed 4 in the below example, the list will be much longer, say 15 covering D1 to D15

In cell D6,(and D7,D8,D9,E6,E7,E8 etc) I am trying to workout a formula where it will use the range listed in D1 to D4 (up to say 15 items), then search column B for a match, then obtain the value from the adjacent column C and insert that value into D6

The actual name in column B will longer, but it will contain the shop name as listed in D 1 - D4 somewhere within the narration

I have achieved this doing nested isnumber(search formulas, but after the sixth nesting, it states that this is the maximum number of nestings allowed, which restricts me to 6 search items at the top of each column, I seek the option for say 15 in each column

Have searched for other types of formulas, but cannot locate anything that I can make work.

Can somebody please assist

ta

Ken

ABCDEF
1AldiCaltexBunnings
2ColesMobil
3WooliesShell
4IGA
6dateAldi$5$5
7date123 Coles$10$10
8dateSHP Caltex$20$20
9dateBunnings$40$40

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Here is one way:

=IF(OR(INDEX((D$1:D$4<>"")*(ISNUMBER(SEARCH(D$1:D$4,$B6))),0)),$C6,"")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcus05

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back