Nested SUMIF? or SUM with multiple conditionals?

marie

Not sure if you can help me on this formula dilemma...

Here's what I want to see but this formula doesn't work:
{=SUM((SW!$I$4:$I$49,"=Client Financial Issues ")*(SW!$H$4:$H$49="lost"),SW!$D$4:$D$49)}

In english:
If range I4:I49 on the SW tab equals Client Financial Issues AND range H4:h49 equals Lost, then sum the amount in column D

In plain english, I want to know the reasons of lost accounts only and with their $ volumes.

If you could help, I would be grateful.
THANK YOU.

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
=SUMPRODUCT(--(SW!$I$4:$I$49="Client Financial Issues"),--(SW!$H$4:$H$49="lost"),SW!$D$4:$D$49)

which you need to confirm with just enter.

Upvote 0
Wow! I've been struggling with this for some time. I should've joined a long time ago. Thank you so very much! That did the trick!

Upvote 0
The -- bit acts as a coercer of TRUE/FALSE into 1/0 in the test condition arrays, so that you have numeric representations of the tests for use in further calculations.

Upvote 0
Usually I use SUM(IF(condition1*condition2),sumrange) arrays. But this seems more straight forward.

thanks,

HT

Upvote 0
HI,

I am looking for a formula or macro for nest sum if ihave built this formula but doesnt work..

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet1!H:H="244","468"),--(Sheet1!G:G="63244","20468","00468"),--(Sheet1!N:N="Marges"),--(Sheet1!$S$2:$S$3000) basically what it should do is take search for 244 and 468 in 1st column and =63244,20468,00468 from column 2 and "marges" in column 3 and sum in column 4(SOLDe row header) and is there a way that i can give parameters and and total autmatically generated for example ="244","468" can change

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
almerpogi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back