Nesting 3 functions IFERROR, VLOOKUP, ISBLANK

Newbienew

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
So I hope that I can explain this clearly. So I am trying to nest three formulas, IFERROR, VLOOKUP, ISBLANK. The goal that I am trying to achieve is use the vlookup function along with the IFERROR to not get N/A where there is nothing for the function to lookup. That has been achieved but, if the iferror vlookup pulls a blank cell, which is why I am trying to use the isblank function, I want it to state “NO INFO” or whatever text I choose. The way my formula is written without the isblank works but returns a 0 if the mainentry cell is blank.

=iferror(vlooku(t6,a3:h10000,7,false),””)&” / “ &iferror(vlookup(a3:h10000,8,false),””)

Where I thought I could put the ISBLANK for nesting
=iferror(vlooku(t6,a3:h10000,7,false),isblank(“0”))&” / “ &iferror(vlookup(a3:h10000,8,false),isblank(“0”))

Need guidance on making this goal reality. Please help

Last edited:

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
Like this?

=IF(IFERROR(VLOOKUP(T6,A3:H10000,7,0),"")="","NO INFO",VLOOKUP(T6,A3:H10000,7,0)&" / "&IF(IFERROR(VLOOKUP(T6,A3:H10000,8,0),"")="","NO INFO",VLOOKUP(T6,A3:H10000,8,0)))

Upvote 0
I shall give this a try Good Sir. I work off two laptops and do not have the other with me at this time. But I do look forward to giving you feedback. Thank you in advance

Upvote 0
The formula worked awesome. The only issue is, is that if the first part of the of the formula pulls a blank, then the whole formula returns "No Info". If there is something for the first part to pull and nothing for the second part, then it will have the info there but second part says no info. Any suggestions, thank you overall by the way.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back