Netscape Email Says I Want to Send Encrypted Email

SidBord

I'm running Netscape 7.1 Email under Win XP on a Dell 8300. Yesterday, when I attempted to send an email note, I got the following message:
(Title bar): Email scanner
"An encrypted email connection has been detected.
Please see help for more information on how to transmit encrypted email."
Then I got the "Sending email . . ." progress message window, which froze. Task manager says "Not responding" and closed down Netscape. I ran Spybot, Ad-Aware, and Norton antivirus and found nothing. I looked at the Security window for Netscape email, and it says I am NOT trying to send encrypted email. I turned off my firewall and antivirus programs and still got the message. I have not made any recent changes to my Netscape "preferences". I can receive email OK, but I can't send any. Has anyone had (or heard of) similar symptoms?

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Update: I found that it was the Norton Antivirus or Internet Security system that caused me this problem. It can't work with ISP that uses SSL protocol, which I had enabled. I turned it off and the problem disappeared. Strange because I had been using the Norton systems for many months without a problem. Maybe an update changed something.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aivin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back