Network days Function.

deuce

Office Version
  1. 2007
Hi, I am using the network days function to define business days but I am not clear on how to set start and end limits for the hours that would be the first starting hour for the first business day and last ending hour for the last business day.

Is there some way to be any more grainy with this function?

thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
for the NETWORK function which is the basic =NETWORKDAYS(start,end,holidays) so if you could tell us by posting your form so we can easily analyzed it.

Upvote 0
Hi, It would go something like start time being 2011/03/11 11(GMT) end time being something like 2011/03/11 18(GMT), the result would be given in net work hours in this case but excel returns the result 1 for 1 day and the end result I am looking for is network days and network hours between 2 dates.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I came from this problem but I could not solve this problem yet. :D
here is my formula I working on.
A2=2011/03/11 11(GMT)
B2=2011/03/11 18(GMT)
B3=TEXT(TRUNC(A2)+(B2-A2),"Hrs")

If you have idea from my formula, and you could fixed it, share with me. :biggrin:

Upvote 0
hi, i have no ideas about it, will it return days and hours difference as a result?

Upvote 0
Assuming start date and time in B1, end date and time in B2

=NETWORKDAYS(B1,B2,B1)+MOD(B2-"06:00:00",1)-MOD(B1-"18:00:00",1)

06:00:00 & 18:00:00 should be your working day start and finish times, or reference to a cell holding them.

You will need to format the cell as custom, something like d "Day(s)" hh:mm to provide the output as desired.

Upvote 0
Hi Guys, Barry, would I be able to use network days function provided that a named holiday range is created?

The time on our server is fixed at GMT+1 and GMT+2 when daylight saving time is being observed.

The working hours are in the range from Sunday 23:00 London Time to Friday 22:00 London time.

I will willing to try creating a named holiday range if I can be shown how to create it, then I can try to use the simple network days function and exclude the holidays. Maybe this will help solve the problem?

Upvote 0
So you have a 24 hour working day between those times?

How would your start / end times be entered? Would they be timestamped HH:MM:SS or entered to a specified interval, i.e rounded to nearest 15 minutes, or nearest hour?

Can you give a bit more detail as to what you're trying to do with the result of this? There may be a suitable alternative method.

Upvote 0
jasonb75, Yes it's a 24 hour workday with shifts, only holidays are those that I specified.

Times are always entered by the hour but in GMT format i.e. 13:00, 14:00, 15:00... 21:00 22:00 23:00 etc.

What we are trying to measure is the difference between 2 given dates and their times, but the problem lies in the holidays part for which I think I need to create a named range that lists the holidays but need help in doing that.

maybe network days function will solve the problem provided the named range is used correctly?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back