Never saw this before - What is it?

Dennisr53

Hi Everyone,

I recently downloaded some data from Medi Tech and received the following date information. I have never seen the icon in front of the date. What is it? I cannot click on it or drill down into the date but it does not allow me to use the date as a date.

it appears to be a text box with a ? in it but, it will not copy it. When I copy the cell it only gives me the date.

Sorry I cannot show it to you but I can't seem to snag it.

Thanks,
Dennis

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
sounds like it might be a web object....try hitting F5....click special....tick Objects....click ok then hit delete

Upvote 0
Try using find/replace. Select your data then...

In the find box hold ALT and type on the numeric pad 0010, leave the replace box blank and click OK, if this doesn't work try the same with 0013.
Finally try the same with 0127

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Mark858,

I tried what you said but the Find/replace does not have a "ok" to click and when I hold down the ALT key and type on the numeric pad nothing is displayed as though I am not typing anything. Tried all three of your numbers and only get Microsoft cannot find the data you are looking for.

Thanks for trying though,
Dennis

PS. Do not know if it helps but, I am using Excel 2010 on windows 7

Upvote 0
Sorry was on my phone and so couldn't check but it should have been replace all not OK and also you need to go into options and make sure that "match entire cell contents" isn't checked (if it was uncheck it and try the procedure again)

If it wasn't checked what does
=CODE(A1)
where A1 is the cell with the offending icon give you?

Upvote 0
Sorry was on my phone and so couldn't check but it should have been replace all not OK and also you need to go into options and make sure that "match entire cell contents" isn't checked (if it was uncheck it and try the procedure again)

If it wasn't checked what does where A1 is the cell with the offending icon give you?

Sorry Mark858 but, still get nothing (same response).

I do not see any way to attach/insert a file here to show you, so here is my direct email E-Mail Address Removed - Moderator if you send me an email I will reply and attach a file that shows the issue( it is only 10KB)

Thanks for trying,
Dennis

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Code:
 =CODE(A1)

You didn't answer what the formula above gave you...

I don't give out my email address. If you want us to see your workbook go to www.box.com upload your workbook to there, click share and copy the link it gives you in the thread.
Answer the question above first though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Microsoft sates "Microsoft Excel cannot find any data to replace. Check if your search formatting and criteria are defined correctly. If you are sure that matching data exists in this workbook, it may be on a protected sheet. Excel cannot replace data on a protected worksheet."

Upvote 0
A) turn off your sheet protection if you have it on

B) for the last time answer the question below

Code:
=CODE(A1)

in case it isn't clear put the formula in an empty cell and change A1 to whatever cell reference holds the question mark.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DannyC96

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back