New and Needing Help

rrobertson

Thanks for reading and any response you can give.

Forgive me for not know all of the jargin but I will do my best.
I was referred to this site from ExcelIsFun on youTube.

I am preparing a new projection form for my sales staff and I've run into a problem. I need to find a way to make the projected number input into a cell change based on the percentage (chance to close) in the adjacent cell.

Basically I want the number to automatically change once it's entered based on the percentage chance to close.
In the adjacent percentage "chance to close" there are only four options 98%, 75%, 50% and 10%.
Now if you have any idea as to how I can fix this, I would greatly appreciate your help.

thanks for any help you can provide!

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
Hi & Welcome to the Forum,

What is the factor that determines one of the only four options 98%, 75%, 50% and 10%?

Upvote 0
I am not sure that I understood you right, could you give an example as:

column a column b
xxx xxx*%

or sth simular

Upvote 0
Here's a sample

Client Name % to Close Jan Feb March
Coca Cola 75% $15,000 $25,000 $18000

I want the number in the cell below the month to facto the %75% chance of closing when the projected number is input.

Make sense?

so once it's entered Jan would reflect $15,000 less 25% Fe, 25K less 25% etc.

????

Last edited:
Upvote 0
These are the categories of where the business is in the process. 10% means they are at the early stages. 98% means it's basically closed but not yet showing up on their numbers.

These are the only options they have abailable.

Upvote 0
So with this table what are your expected results and where do you enter the number? Do you want the $15,000 for Jan to actually be changed in C2?

Sheet1

<TABLE style="PADDING-RIGHT: 2pt; PADDING-LEFT: 2pt; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial,Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=1><COLGROUP><COL style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; WIDTH: 30px"><COL style="WIDTH: 78px"><COL style="WIDTH: 68px"><COL style="WIDTH: 61px"><COL style="WIDTH: 61px"><COL style="WIDTH: 61px"></COLGROUP><TBODY><TR style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; TEXT-ALIGN: center"><TD> </TD><TD>A</TD><TD>B</TD><TD>C</TD><TD>D</TD><TD>E</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; TEXT-ALIGN: center">1</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Client Name</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">% to Close</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Jan</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Feb</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Mar</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; TEXT-ALIGN: center">2</TD><TD>Coca Cola</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">75%</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right">$15,000 </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right">$25,000 </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right">$18,000 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Excel tables to the web >> http://www.excel-jeanie-html.de/index.php?f=1" target="_blank"> Excel Jeanie HTML 4

Upvote 0
With a formula you will not be able to have both a number and a formula in the same cell, that is C2. You could simply add an additional column D2 and then do the calculation there. Is this what you are looking for?

Sheet1

<TABLE style="PADDING-RIGHT: 2pt; PADDING-LEFT: 2pt; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial,Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=1><COLGROUP><COL style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; WIDTH: 30px"><COL style="WIDTH: 85px"><COL style="WIDTH: 79px"><COL style="WIDTH: 65px"><COL style="WIDTH: 72px"><COL style="WIDTH: 65px"><COL style="WIDTH: 65px"></COLGROUP><TBODY><TR style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; TEXT-ALIGN: center"><TD> </TD><TD>A</TD><TD>B</TD><TD>C</TD><TD>D</TD><TD>E</TD><TD>F</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; TEXT-ALIGN: center">1</TD><TD style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; TEXT-ALIGN: center">Client Name</TD><TD style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; TEXT-ALIGN: center">% to Close</TD><TD style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Jan</TD><TD style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"> </TD><TD style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; TEXT-ALIGN: center">Feb</TD><TD style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; TEXT-ALIGN: center">Mar</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; TEXT-ALIGN: center">2</TD><TD style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Coca Cola</TD><TD style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; TEXT-ALIGN: center">75%</TD><TD style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; TEXT-ALIGN: right">$15,000 </TD><TD style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; TEXT-ALIGN: center">$3,750 </TD><TD style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; TEXT-ALIGN: right">$25,000 </TD><TD style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; TEXT-ALIGN: right">$18,000 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #00ff00; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #00ff00; COLOR: #000000; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: groove; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #00ff00; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: groove; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: groove; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #fffcf9; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #00ff00; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: groove"><TBODY><TR><TD>Spreadsheet Formulas</TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 border=1><TBODY><TR style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca"><TD>Cell</TD><TD>Formula</TD></TR><TR><TD>D2</TD><TD>=ABS((C2*B2)-C2)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Excel tables to the web >> http://www.excel-jeanie-html.de/index.php?f=1" target="_blank"> Excel Jeanie HTML 4

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back