New Page, not worksheet

rs2k

I have a form (Not userform) on a ws which when printed out fills out a A4 sheet of paper. Most of the time I have to copy and paste the form to keep the headings and borders in the correct place.

Is there a way of auto creating the template when the first page is full?

Cheers
Colin.

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
If it is not a userform what kind of a form is it? Is it still within excel? Because if it is, you can "record macro" and keep running it everytime you need it.

Upvote 0
Hello rs2k:
Are you just wanting to print the Header rows at the top of each page printed ? If so just specify this in ...

"File"... "Page Setup"... "Sheet Tab" ... "Rows To repeat at top" and/or "Columns to repeat at left ".

If this is not what you looking for could you please give a concrete example.

Upvote 0
Thank you for responding, I will try to explain a bit more. What I have is various boxes (cells) spread around a ws. The total area when printed out covers an A4 sheet, when it is printed out the user fills in the boxes with the relevant data. If the user has a lot of data, then a second sheet is printed out for them to fill in and so forth.
What I am asking is, if the user fills out the first page on screen (which some do) and needs a second page, they have to copy & paste the first page to keep all the data in the title boxes.

In the past I have used a MS Word document that when you completley fill the page and need a second page it automatically creates the template with all the headings and boxes in the correct place, this is what I am asking about, does Excel have the functionality to create new pages from existing templates?

If it is not possible, I think Iggydarsa suggestion is the way to go.

Thanks
Colin

Upvote 0
rs2k:

In this situation I use a hidden "master Sheet". The Master sheet is the empty form. When I want a new empty form I just run a macro that .. 1) copies the hidden master 2) renames the copy 3) undhides the copy 4) make the copy active.

In fact I also use this same process when the user wants to clear a form . With the added step of deleting the filled old form. Since it's much faster , and less code , then clearing the old filled form. :wink:

Upvote 0
Cheers Nimrod. Following Iggydarsa suggestion I recorded a macro and it is on similar lines to your suggestion.

Thank you, to you both,

Colin.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BatCoder

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back