NEW PROBLEM WITH RANGE MATCHING

Excel_Legend

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Can anyone tell me why when my range in cells contains 10-number, 11- number and 12-number I get the results I need, but once its 13-number and higher it doesnt return anything
=IFERROR(INDEX('EQUIPMENT LOG'!$A$6:$A$10,MATCH(1,IF((--'EQUIPMENT LOG'!$I$6:$I$10=A3),1,(IF(A3>=--LEFT('EQUIPMENT LOG'!$I$6:$I$10,--FIND("-",'EQUIPMENT LOG'!$I$6:$I$10)-1),IF(A3<=--RIGHT('EQUIPMENT LOG'!$I$6:$I$10,LEN('EQUIPMENT LOG'!$I$6:$I$10)-FIND("-",'EQUIPMENT LOG'!$I$6:$I$10)),1))))*('EQUIPMENT LOG'!$O$6:$O$10<>"IN"),0)),"")

for what I can tell when the left number is 10/11/12 (--'EQUIPMENT LOG'!$I$6:$I$10=A3) returns a false,false,false,false,false and so everything falls in place but when its 13+
the values for (--'EQUIPMENT LOG'!$I$6:$I$10=A3) false,false,#value,false false, for context values in I7-I10 are 1, 12-15(or 13-15),4-8,3, everything returns correct except for 13+,

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
can you provide a mini worksheet using the xl2bb add in?
It looks like all your reference data is on 1 sheet, and your formula is on another.
for the purposes here, just use the formula in question on the one sheet.

It makes the formula a little easier to read and easier for the forum to work on a solution:

Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(INDEX($A$6:$A$10,MATCH(1,IF((--$I$6:$I$10=A3),1,(IF(A3>=--LEFT($I$6:$I$10,--FIND("-",$I$6:$I$10)-1),IF(A3<=--RIGHT($I$6:$I$10,LEN($I$6:$I$10)-FIND("-",$I$6:$I$10)),1))))*($O$6:$O$10<>"IN"),0)),"")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ExcelError

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back