New Records in Query

jarett

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I am pulling data from 4 tables in a combination of 3 queries. All 3 queries contain one field that is common "PurchaseOrderNo", the final query produces some filter data and only the information needed. I am trying to figure out how to specify the query to only produce new data results since the query was last run, if that makes sense. this is my SQL
SQL:
SELECT po_detail2.PurchaseOrderNo, po_detail2.VendorNo, po_detail2.ItemCode, po_detail2.LotSerialNo, IM068_MXPUnivProdCode.UDF_UNIQUE_KEY, Right([UDF_UNIQUE_KEY],1) AS SIZE_INDEX, Left([UDF_UNIQUE_KEY],Len([UDF_UNIQUE_KEY])-1) AS INVENTORY_KEY
FROM po_detail2 LEFT JOIN IM068_MXPUnivProdCode ON po_detail2.LotSerialNo = IM068_MXPUnivProdCode.LotSerialNo
WHERE (((po_detail2.PurchaseOrderNo)="0056334" Or (po_detail2.PurchaseOrderNo)>"0056334") AND ((po_detail2.ItemCode)="K500" Or (po_detail2.ItemCode)="PC55"))
ORDER BY po_detail2.PurchaseOrderNo DESC;

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
Can you show the SQL?
I added the "tblQueryLastRun" just to see if that helped.

SQL:
SELECT IM068_MXPUnivProdCode.UDF_UNIQUE_KEY, Right([UDF_UNIQUE_KEY],1) AS SIZE_INDEX, Left([UDF_UNIQUE_KEY],Len([UDF_UNIQUE_KEY])-1) AS INVENTORY_KEY, po_detail2.VendorNo, po_detail2.ItemCode, po_detail2.LotSerialNo, po_detail2.DateUpdated, po_detail2.TimeUpdated, po_detail2.PurchaseOrderNo, po_detail2.[Qty Ordered]
FROM tblQueryLastRun, po_detail2 INNER JOIN IM068_MXPUnivProdCode ON po_detail2.LotSerialNo = IM068_MXPUnivProdCode.LotSerialNo
WHERE (((CDate([TimeUpdated]))>DMax("dtmQueryLastRun","tblQueryLastRun")))
ORDER BY po_detail2.PurchaseOrderNo DESC;

Upvote 0
I took these two screen shots if it helps. One is from the table with the records, the highlight line is the record entered between the last two times the query ran (2nd screenshot)
db.png

tbl.png

Attachments

• tbl.png
    tbl.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 6
Upvote 0
Oh!

You have two separate fields for the date and time of last update.

And what does the [TimeUpdated] field even mean? That doesn't look like a time to me...

Upvote 0
Oh!

You have two separate fields for the date and time of last update.

And what does the [TimeUpdated] field even mean? That doesn't look like a time to me...
The "TimeUpdated" is how the time data is coming over from the source, I know it is not in the correct format but I can't change the format of the source (at least I don't know how).

Upvote 0
The "TimeUpdated" is how the time data is coming over from the source, I know it is not in the correct format but I can't change the format of the source (at least I don't know how).
It's basically the same as the time that the record is created.

Upvote 0
But what does it mean? What, say, is represented by 10.43? Ten point four three seconds after midnight? Ten point four three hours? Forty-three minutes after 10 'o'clock?

If there is some consistent encoding, then we can write a formula to convert that into a time that, with the date, provides a complete and valid date-time for the comparison.

Upvote 0
But what does it mean? What, say, is represented by 10.43? Ten point four three seconds after midnight? Ten point four three hours? Forty-three minutes after 10 'o'clock?

If there is some consistent encoding, then we can write a formula to convert that into a time that, with the date, provides a complete and valid date-time for the comparison.
It is definintly based off of a 24hr time conversion. I just entered a record at 2:07 pm and a couple seconds and the TimeUpdated value is 14.1178. But what is weird some values go to 5 decimal places and others go to 4, maybe the 4 decimal values are just leaving off the trailing "0". If my math is correct then every ".01667= 1 second" and that conversion looks correct for the 14.1178- 2:07pm

Upvote 0
It is definintly based off of a 24hr time conversion. I just entered a record at 2:07 pm and a couple seconds and the TimeUpdated value is 14.1178. But what is weird some values go to 5 decimal places and others go to 4, maybe the 4 decimal values are just leaving off the trailing "0". If my math is correct then every ".01667= 1 second" and that conversion looks correct for the 14.1178- 2:07pm
Mistake earlier .01667=1 minute

Upvote 0
A little strange, but try this (maybe there's a better way?):

SQL:
CDate([DateUpdated] & " " & (CInt([TimeUpdated]) & ":" & Format(CInt(60 * (CDbl([TimeUpdated]) - CInt([TimeUpdated]))), "00") & ":" & Format(CInt(60 * (CDbl((60 * (CDbl([TimeUpdated]) - CInt([TimeUpdated])))) - CInt(60 * (CDbl([TimeUpdated]) - CInt([TimeUpdated]))))), "00"))) > DMax("dtmQueryLastRun","tblQueryLastRun")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcus05

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back