BobbyMaynard

Ok, im very new to Microsoft Access. My database knowledge comes from trail and error on SQL databases for Forums Like "PHP FUSION" I can pretty much do what ever i want using the sql command box. SO for my very first newbie question out of many to come im sure!

Can you use sql santax in Access to create databases, add fields ect?

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.

silentwolf

Office Version
  1. 2016
Hi,
In Access you wirte SQL Statements with queries.. So if you look at the ribbons you find Queries once you have selected those queries you can find a button SQL
Basically you can write SQL Statemenst rather then queries.
Or you can use in Access VBA also SQL Statements to perform what ever you need to do.

HTH

BobbyMaynard

ADVERTISEMENT

I dont see an attach Snippet for this forum or i would upload a picture of the database i been building with excel. It looks nice, but Im not happy with it, in order to improve it i need to know more about MS Access

BobbyMaynard

I dont see an attach Snippet for this forum or i would upload a picture of the database i been building with excel. It looks nice, but Im not happy with it, in order to improve it i need to know more about MS Access
Building with ACCESS not excel. Got to many things going on at once i guess.

silentwolf

Office Version
  1. 2016
Hi,
no Problem.. do as the chinese say small permanent improvements :)

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asharris90