New to Excel Lots of questions

TinaDex

I am using Excel as a worksheet keeping track of 'to do', 'action', 'status' ect. So I am using it for text not formulas. I have been trying to copy and paste from an email to from peoplesoft into a single cell. This is not working, any ideas? If I can get this to work, I will have a spreadsheet showing the contact, account info, what the issue is, what the status is, who to follow thru with contact. I just can't seem to get several lines of text in one cell. Help!

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
I would suggest that you would separate your information into several columns.

Code:
contact, account info, what the issue is, what the status is, who to follow thru with contact.

Hope that helps.

Craig

Upvote 0
Hi Craig, Yes, it does help, then when i enter 'issue' say in cell B4, it is a full paragraph and it the text continues to b5, b6, b7, b8 ect. I would like the entire paragraph (or text) in one cell, B4-When I try to cut and paste from an email or peoplesoft, the first line starts in b4 then continues down to c4, d4,e4,f4 ect. I just want the entire paragraph in one cell. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tina

Upvote 0
When you copy the text that you want. Right click in the cell that you want to paste into and choose Paste Special>Text.

This should paste into the entire cell the information you want.

Craig

Upvote 0
If the information is wider than the width of your cell you can increase the width.

Hover your cursor over the separation line between the two columns and drag to widen the cell.

Craig

Upvote 0
To Wrap the text. Right click the cell, Format Cells.. and click the Alignment tab and check the Wrap Text option.

Sorry, I remember when I didn't know how to do these simple things ;). You can also Heighten the rows (same as columns).
Craig

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back