New to Macros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royal Presence

Board Regular
Hello everyone,

The board has been very generous in offering tips and suggestions to me. Most recently, some formulas were supplied for me to assist in a project. I successfully applied such and then I thought I was brave enough for macros. I actually made a few and they worked, of course I have new questions.

1st- what is best practice- would it be writing the VBA or doing a macro? I really don't know much about either, so figure I will take some classes.

2nd- In the development and learning curve of my new macro, I found out that changes to the original data were made, after we ran our report. Based on production issues, we don't want this to happen. First action is to notify anyone involved to not add data after a certain cutoff. But, second action might be to figure out how to incorporate this perhaps at midday on this weekly run. The report is to be run on a weekly basis and serves as production capacity. If re-run mid day, I would see these changes, but if not, the data is there, but I don't see it, because I haven't looked. If I have to go the second route, how do I go about rerecording the macro, or is best to incorporate solid code that I should learn. This particular report will be essential and we test drove it today, finding the above issue of change.
3rd- I really don't want to increase file sizes incredibly, so think I may need to know the most efficient way to keep the data clean and running smoothly.
Any ideas to any of the above?

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iparraguirre89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back