New to MapPoint

swhite436

Looking for any help understanding MapPoint and Excel.

My goal is be able to create a list of zip codes that fall within a 30 miles radius of a given zip code. And then use that to create a map that shows the service area. I have used the draw tool, and create a circle with a 30 mile radius. I have also used 3rd party websites to create a list of zip codes, and then tried that using those zip codes to create the map.

Example: My address is 91101, using MapPoint, I want to create a list of zip codes that fall within a radius of 30 miles. With that data, then use it to create a map within map point.

I have seen some code using a VDC, and being able to do it that way. Didn't completely understand all what the code accomplished or how to run it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Open up the territory wizard (using manual insertion) and then start right clicking and adding any zip code that falls within your circle. You can view only the zip codes by going to "display the map settings pane" which looks like a cog. From there make sure only postal code is selected. Once you've selected all your zip codes go to the window pane on the left and right click on the territory you've created and click export to excel. It will list all of zip codes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Also, just checked where you are and theres quite a bit of codes to be selected. Once you've opened up the wizard and selected a county draw a box inside your circle using a right click and holding to draw box. Once you've drawn the box there should be a button "add to territory" that was previously non-clickable now become clickable (the button is located in the left window pane right above your list of territories). If you click add to territory it will add all zip codes within that box you created. Will help save you time.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!
Might have more question soon in the future!
Thanks again

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back