Newbie need help on work request spread sheet.

TeddTheMachinist

Hi All, I am a machinist. You can talk down to me when explaining because I will appreciate that. I am trying to sort out my world by creating a work request spread sheet. I have done that and have updated the spread sheet as it evolved. What I would like to do now is when a job is completed that it would drop down to the bottom. I color the row green on the job/jobs I am currently working on. I use yellow to color the row on jobs that are on hold for some reason, info, parts, material, etc. and the completed jobs are colored Grey. I would like the green jobs on top, the yellow jobs following, and the grey under those.

I do not know if I control the rows by the colors, and then by the date it was entered.

Thanks

Tedd

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
I was told that it may be possible to make a column and mark my Green rows with an "A" and my yellow rows with a "B" and my grey with a "C". with a filter? Will that work?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back