(Newbie question!) Trying to crop the page/field size. Screenshot included!

I Am Legend

Hi,

I am trying to get rid of the cells and columns, so i can set my page like this:

Any solutions?

Thanks in advance!!

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.

MrKowz

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I'm not sure if this works in Excel 2007/2010, but in 2003 I can go into View>Page Break Preview and adjust the edges to fit the range I want it to show.

I Am Legend

I'm not sure if this works in Excel 2007/2010, but in 2003 I can go into View>Page Break Preview and adjust the edges to fit the range I want it to show.

Thank you for replying.

I do have the option to go to View>Page Break Preview. But what do you mean adjust edges?

I just wanted a specific amount of cells to be shown, and the rest completly cut off.

MrKowz

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Edit: Select all cells to the right of your viewable range and hide them. Then all cells below and hide them

I Am Legend

ADVERTISEMENT

Edit: Select all cells to the right of your viewable range and hide them. Then all cells below and hide them

I try to select all the cells on the right, it goes on for ages. Is there a way I can select them all? Then hide?

MrKowz

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Use the following macro:

Code:
Public Sub HideToRightAndDown()
Range(Cells(1, ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Column), Cells(1, Columns.Count)).EntireColumn.Hidden = True
Range(Cells(ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Row, 1), Cells(Rows.Count, 1)).EntireRow.Hidden = True
End Sub

Put the cursor in the bottom-right of the range you want to show, run the macro, and it will hide everything else.

I Am Legend

Use the following macro:

Code:
Public Sub HideToRightAndDown()
Range(Cells(1, ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Column), Cells(1, Columns.Count)).EntireColumn.Hidden = True
Range(Cells(ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Row, 1), Cells(Rows.Count, 1)).EntireRow.Hidden = True
End Sub

Put the cursor in the bottom-right of the range you want to show, run the macro, and it will hide everything else.

I owe you my life!
Thank you very much! This is for my coursework ;)

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faram