Newbie to Excel - Help needed please!

RikkiA55

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

I am needing a bit of help on an Excel project that I am trying to create for my workplace - Its basically a log for any problems to be entered onto using a userform and then once submitted is stored on a hidden table which i then pick up once a week and work on - The inputting part works absolutely fine and all the information from the userform goes onto the table well.

The main thing i seem to be struggling with (spent nearly 2 days trying to work it out!) is how I can recall the information back onto the userform from the table so that it can be amended at a later date. I have also created a sequential numbering system (Ticket ID) when the user inputs the log and have a dropdown section which then shows these.

I ideally want to be able to select the Ticket ID from the dropdown and to then be able to recall the data back onto the userform from the hidden table so that I can edit and save.

Sorry if a bit vague, very new to excel but really struggling here!

Thanks in advance

EDIT:
Please let me know if there is a way of being able to upload the excel file on here? Or more than happy to send to someone to have a look at if possible?

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Hi, and Welcome to Mr. Excel!
There WILL be a way of achieving what you're after, but you could do with offering more information in your first post - to allow helpers (volunteers) to work on a solution, without having to ask you for more information, and without subsequently finding out that what you really needed was a country mile away from what you asked in the beginning. Nugatory effort for a complete stranger is a big bugbear of mine!
Try and think to yourself. what a complete stranger, possibly (in fact very often!) on the other side of the world to you, is going need, in order to know your set-up.
You have a UserForm - we know that, but are you using VBA? We don't yet know whether or not you can use code - so we don't know whether to offer a coded solution.
You have a table; it's "Hidden" but how's it hidden, and where is it? what's the table's range? Id it just a range of cells, or a Named range?
What controls are on the form? Labels? TextBoxes? DropDowns?

Once Folk have the whole picture, you're much more likely to have them pitch-in and help you out - particularly if you provide some examples of the work you're already done - which also shows that you're not just hoping that some dumb person's going to write your whole project for you, which you then take to your boss for kudos, and present as your own (it happens!!).

WRT posting a WB, some folk post links to WBs, but I don't think you can actually post one.
What you can do, however, is use the extremely handy (and clever) "XL2BB" addin which is avalable. There's a link to it in my signature block, and another link on the far right hand side of the toolbar in the post/reply window which you use for posting.
It allows you to capture whole ranges into a post, along with options for capturing formulae, conditional formatting and other clever bits of stuff.
Once pasted into your post, the range is displayed - along with formula info etc etc.
It's also copyable - so anyone considering offering you help, can easily & quickly copy your example, and get straight on with working on it, instead of having to waste time emulating the work you've tried to describe.
Give it a go!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back