No portability with UDFs

Godster

Hi all,
Long time reader, first time poster.

I have created a macro workbook that sits on our server that various users on different computers need to be able to open.
I have solid (if self-taught) experience with VBA code, UDFs, etc.,, but very little experience with creating, setting up or managing Add-ins.

I need a ground-up tutorial on this (more so than the usual "... go to Options, select Add-ins, click Go..." walk-through!). At least if I can get a real intro to the process I will be able to frame a more articulate question to the forum on this (if I can't solve it myself).

What do people recommend re thorough introduction to creating, setting up and managing Add-ins?

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
hi & welcome

I learnt from a John Walkenbach book, "Excel 2000 Power Programming wtih VBA" and can recommend that. I assume any good Excel VBA book will also be suitable.

I've also (first edition, now superseded of) "Professional Excel Development" by Stephen Bullen, Rob Bovey & John Green. A first class book.

There are endless on line resources.

Suggest you dive in to the task and if/when you have further questions just ask again - if google doesn't get you the answer. With a little familiarity they are simple enough.

regards

Upvote 0
I have the same problems, can I get a walk thru on how to fix that?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rkmenon

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back