No Undo Option

sspatriots

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I may have fallen asleep at the wheel on this one, but I didn't notice until today that my excel file has no "Undo" option. It is greyed out. I have been reading that it has to do with worksheet change events in the code. Does anyone know of a workaround that will allow me to have this feature when I need it?

Thanks, SS

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Unfortunately there is no workaround to having Undo available when you run code. Once you run any code (not just worksheet change) the undo stack is cleared. If you want to be able to undo anything then you would need to disable any code that may run, which is likely to defeat the purpose of having it in the first place.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately there is no workaround to having Undo available when you run code. Once you run any code (not just worksheet change) the undo stack is cleared. If you want to be able to undo anything then you would need to disable any code that may run, which is likely to defeat the purpose of having it in the first place.
Well, there is another way, if you want to create VBA code that can simulate the Undo actions.
I have never done it myself (never really had a need to), but I have seen a number of articles on the subject over the years.
Here is one that I found with a Google search: How to Undo a Macro with VBA OnUndo and OnRepeat - wellsr.com

Upvote 0
I guess the path of least resistance here would be to open Excel in Safe Mode whenever I know I'll be making a lot of changes to the worksheets themselves.

Upvote 0
Having a good backup plan is what I would advise!
That way if things get messed up, you can always revert back to a "good" copy.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back