No Worksheets When Excel is Opened

timorrill

Lately I've noticed that whenever I open Excel (2003, WinXPPro), there are no worksheets in the workbook. I've checked the setting that lets you specify how many sheets should be present in a new workbook, and that is set at 1.

Any ideas?

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
Sounds like maybe your startup swtiches got changed? If you right-click on the Excel program shortcut and look at the Properties, is there a /e at the end of the file path to Excel.exe?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291288

Hiya, Pook. That would start Excel w/o a workbook. But the OP is saying there *is* a workbook just with no sheets - which AFAIK ain't possible. You can hide an entire workbook. You can hide worksheets within a workbook. But you must leave at least one worksheet visible. And one cannot delete the last worksheet of a workbook (you can move the last WS into another, but you cannot just delete it).

My guess is the WB simply is not visible in which case arranging the windows will fix it (tiled, horiz, vert, casc - doesn't matter) or else the workbook is hidden in which case windows | unhide... is called for.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back